Official Sweepstakes Rules
1. Sponsor. The Powered by Sheertex Summer Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Sheertex Inc., 7471 Av. Léonard-De Vinci, Montréal, QC H2A 2P3 (“Sheertex”).
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their state, province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of Sheertex, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Sweepstakes materials, and those living in the same household. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Sweepstakes Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Sweepstakes Rules are subject to disqualification by Sheertex, in Sheertex’s sole discretion.
3. Sweepstakes Dates and Times. The Sweepstakes begins on June 30, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (EST) and ends on July 6, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) (the “Sweepstakes End Date”) after which time the Sweepstakes will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
4. How to Enter. No payment or purchase of any kind is required to enter the Sweepstakes. Enter by following @braeundercover, @unsungsocks, and @getthreees on Instagram and by leaving a comment below the Sweepstakes Instagram post about what you love about Sheertex and why. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by Sheertex, in its sole discretion. Participation is limited to one entry per person.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Sweepstakes, or any other methods not authorized by these Sweepstakes Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in Sheertex’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Sweepstakes Rules are void. Entrants grant Sheertex a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. Sweepstakes Prizes. The declared winner will win a Powered by Sheertex® prize package, including a pair of Sheertex® Classic Sheer Tights, a pair of Brae™ No-Sweat Shorties, 9 pairs of Unsung™ Crew Socks (1 in every color), and a pair of threees™ Future-Proof Sheer Tights, valued at approximately $200 USD.
The declared winner assumes any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Sweepstakes or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sheertex reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Sweepstakes End Date.
7. Skill-testing Question. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, Sheertex’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question.
8. Winner Selection and Confirmation. On July 7, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (EST) at 7471 Av. Léonard-De Vinci, Montréal, QC H2A 2P3 (Draw Date) Sheertex, or an employee, agent or other representative of Sheertex, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Sweepstakes End Date and select the potential winners (the “Selected Entrants”). Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Sweepstakes Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question (ii) provide contact information; (iii) sign and return Sheertex’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (“Winner Release”); and (iv) comply with all other Sweepstakes Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sheertex. Upon being declared a winner, the Selected Entrant will have their Instagram handle announced on Sheertex’s Instagram page.
Selected Entrants will be notified within one (2) business days of the contest draw and will be contacted by Instagram Direct Message on the account associated with the selected entry to the Sweepstakes. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in Sheertex’s sole discretion. Requisite contact information and a signed copy of Sheertex’s Winner Release must be received by Sheertex no later than 24 hours after being notified by Sheertex. Sheertex is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for Sheertex to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
The Selected Entrant consents to have their Instagram handle announced publicly on Sheertex’s Instagram page if declared a winner.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the Instagram account used at the time of entry (the “Authorized Account Holder”). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
9. Release and Indemnification. The Selected Entrant must sign Sheertex’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Sweepstakes Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless Sheertex, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Instagram, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Sweepstakes (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by Sheertex, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Sweepstakes to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Sweepstakes or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Sweepstakes Rules or participation in the Sweepstakes and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by Sheertex.
Sheertex is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Sweepstakes Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Sweepstakes or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sheertex; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. Other Conditions. Sheertex reserves the right to terminate or amend this Sweepstakes at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, Sheertex reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes End Date.
11.Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Sweepstakes or any publicity carried out by Sheertex, without further notice or compensation.
12. Disputes. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, US federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or the provision, acceptance and/or use of any prize or prize component, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (Note: Some jurisdictions do not allow restricting access to class actions. This provision will not apply to entrant if entrant lives in such a jurisdiction); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant or Entrant Party be permitted to obtain any award for, and each entrant and Entrant Party hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
13. Governing Law. This Sweepstakes shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Sweepstakes rules, rights and obligations between entrants and Sheertex, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated exclusively by the courts sitting in the City of Toronto in the province of Ontario, Canada.
14. Rule Amendments. Sheertex reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Sweepstakes Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of Sheertex corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Sweepstakes.
15. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Sheertex. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of Sheertex’s intellectual property without the express written consent of Sheertex is strictly prohibited.
© SHEERTEX INC. 2022. All Rights Reserved.